5G: Empowering Recovery and Fighting Misinformation
3 June: Co-hosted by leading MEPs, as well as the GSMA and ETNO, we discussed the role that 5G can play in the coming months, as Europe copes with the coronavirus recession. During the discussion, not only we informed about 5G technology and use cases, but we also discussed the impact that misinformation is having on the public discourse around mobile networks.
A recording of the integral webinar is available at this link.
13.00 – 13.10 | Introduction: the big picture
Lise Fuhr (Director General, ETNO)
Afke Schaart (VP and Head of Europe, GSMA)
13.10 – 13.30 | A European Parliament view on 5G
- MEP Miapetra Kumpula-Natri, S&D – Finland
- MEP Susana Solís Pérez, Renew Europe – Spain
13.30 – 14.15 | Voices from the Member States
Experiences from MEPs, Member States and companies.
- MEP Pilar Del Castillo, EPP – Spain
- MEP Andreas Schwab, EPP – Germany
- MEP Sean Kelly, EPP – Ireland
- MEP Anna Michelle Asimakopoulou, EPP – Greece
- Olga Sihmane, Head of Public Affairs, Telia Company
- Lisa Felton, Head of Data, Services and Consumer Regulation, Vodafone Group
14.15 – 14.35 | Science, Facts, EU Policies
A view from DG Connect and a presentation on the ICNIRP guidelines.
- Andreas Geiss, Head of Unit, Spectrum Policy, DG Connect, European Commission
- Dr. Frank de Vocht, Reader in Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Bristol
- Dr. Jack Rowley, Senior Director Research & Sustainability, GSMA
14.35 – 14.50 | Q&A
Moderated by: Paolo Grassia (ETNO) & Maria Sotiriou (GSMA)