5G for local communities: a guide for users
Webinar, 21 September 2021, 10.30-11.30 CEST
Leading telecom associations GSMA and ETNO organize an online webinar for the launch of Europe’s first “5G guide for local communities”. Taking place on 21 September 2021, from 10.30 to 11.30 CEST, the webinar will address opportunities, safety limits and myths related to the latest generation of mobile technology.
Which socio-economic opportunities for European cities and regions? What is the science on 5G and its safety? How can local authorities facilitate a safe and speedy roll-out? What are the myths surrounding mobile technology?
10.25am – Tuning in
10.30am – Presentation of Europe’s first 5G guide for local communities
- Maarit Palovirta, Senior Director of Regulation, ETNO
- Jack Rowley, Senior Director, Research & Sustainability, GSMA
10.40am – A European View on 5G
- Franco Accordino, Head of Unit "Investment in High-Capacity Networks", European Commission
- Annemarie Sipkes, Chairwoman 2022, Body of European Regulators for Electronic Communications
- José Ribau Esteves, Mayor of Aveiro, Portugal
11.20 – Q&A
11.30 – Wrap up
Join us for a discussion with international experts and institutional representatives. The event takes place online in English and is free to attend. The dial-in details will be circulated ahead of the event to all registered participants.