We are hiring for a Communications Manager
Do you enjoy and are good at writing concise and newsworthy content in English? Would you like to become a trusted, honest and valuable contact of tech and telecom journalists? Do you enjoy building partnerships to deliver meaningful events, from logistics to programmes? Do you enjoy working in a Team and achieving things together? If so, please keep on reading 😊
Summary of the position:
We are looking for a dynamic colleague who intends to actively contribute to ETNO’s media relations and events. Our new colleague will work on:
- Developing and executing a comprehensive media engagement supporting our visibility and reputation. This includes press releases, media partnerships, and crisis communication.
- Planning and overseeing our events, which may include high-level conferences co-organized with relevant media and other stakeholders, debates, and webinars. This role involves both content creation and support to logistics management.
- Supporting the Team on speaking slots at external events.
- Liaising with our membership on comms matters.
- Providing support to the rest of the media team as needed.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree, including, but not limited to, in Communications or PR.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in media relations and event management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a mother tongue-like proficiency in English (a written test is foreseen). Knowledge of other European languages would be an asset.
- Experience in media relations and events coordination.
- A team player who can also work independently.
- Client-oriented mindset, necessary for working in a member-driven association that operates on a consensus-building basis.
- Creativity and innovative thinking to drive engagement and excitement around our events.
- Ability to work well under time pressure and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
- Strong multitasking skills, attention to detail, commitment to learning, and adaptability in a multicultural and fast-paced trade association environment.
How to apply:
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter (saving files with your first name, last name + CV/CL) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, cc: email@example.com, mentioning "Communications Manager" in the email subject.
Deadline: 2 November 2023, close of business.
What do we offer:
We are a tight-knit Team, who enjoys working together. Hard work goes hand in hand with building, together, a fun and positive working environment. At ETNO we offer a competitive salary package, including health insurance.
ETNO is an equal-opportunity employer. Employment at ETNO is based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. ETNO does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, or disability.