As the world prepares for a 5G future, the internet of things is about to become a reality. And with that comes a huge opportunity for the European Union, where advanced industries will be the first to make the leap toward fully automated factories, AI-controlled processes, complex supply chain management and hyper-fast product delivery.
- Is the digital transformation a way for Europe’s industry to boost its competitiveness and lead on the global stage?
- How can companies that have invested to develop world-beating manufacturing tools protect their highly connected networks from penetration and industrial espionage?
- How can Europe’s industrial champions ensure that the networks to which they connect their factories of the future are secure from spying by corporate rivals or state-backed entities?
All of these questions are clear and present as Europe prepares for the rollout of the high-speed 5G networks that will make IoT possible. This event will bring together top industry executives and policymakers to examine how Europe should lay the groundwork for an IoT future and how IoT is changing industry and manufacturing as we know it.
Time: 3 September, from 12:30PM
Venue: The Office (Rue d'Arlon 80, 1000 Bruxelles)
- 12:30 PM Registration and Welcome Coffee
- 1:00 PM Welcome Remarks by POLITICO’s moderator
- 1:05 PM Introductory Remarks by Lise Fuhr, ETNO Director General
- 1:10 PM Panel Discussion
- Angelika Niebler, Member of the European Parliament (EPP, Germany)
- Pearse O’Donohue, Director for Future Networks, DG CNECT, European Commission
- Henri Korpi, Executive Vice President, Elisa
- Malte Lohan, Director General, Orgalim
- 2:00 PM Closing Remarks followed by Networking Reception
For more information, please contact the POLITICO Events team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photography and filming — There will be photography and/or filming at this event and your image may be captured by us and used for our business and promotional purposes in print or on our website. By registering for the event you are giving us permission to use your image in this way. If you have any queries about this, please email email@example.com.
ETNO and Capacity Media are continuing their joint work on events taking place in Europe and beyond.
The latest Metro Connect Europe 2019 will be taking place in Amsterdam between 17-18 September 2019. More than 50 companies will be represented at the event, with 80% of participants having a Director-Level and above.
ETNO will be represented by Maarit Palovirta, Director of Regulatory Affairs, who will be part of the panel discussion on “How is regulation incentivising investment in fibre?”. Maarit joins the following panelists:
- Alejandra de Iturriaga, Director of Telecommunications and Audiovisual Sector, AUDIOVISUAL SECTOR SPANISH NATIONAL AUTHORITY FOR MARKETS AND COMPETITION (CNMC)
- Annemarie Sipkes, Director of Telecommunications, Transport and Postal Services Department, AUTHORITY FOR CONSUMERS AND MARKETS (ACM)
- Vincenzo Lobianco, Chief Technology & Innovation Officer, AUTORITA PER LE GARANZIE NELLE COMMUNICAZIONI (AGCOM)
- Anthony Whelan, Director for Electronic Communications Networks & Services, EUROPEAN COMMISSION
As a supporting association of Metro Connect Europe, we are delighted to offer our Members and Observers a 15% discount off the full ticket price when purchasing 1 pass. To make use of this discount, please register at this link and enter the code ETNOMC15.
The latest information on speakers and agenda is available at this link.
The 5G Core Summit is taking place in Madrid, between 24-25 September, and will focus on the main following areas:
- 5G Use Cases & Ecosystem Development
- Building a Services Friendly Core Network Architecture
- Network Cloudification
- Edge Clouds & Network Slicing
- Standard Progress and Timelines
- IMS and the Road to Vo5G
- Enrique Blanco, Global CTIO, Telefonica
- Lucy Lombardi, Senior VP, Digital & Ecosystem Innovation
- Franz Seiser, VP, Core Network & PaaS and Infrastructure Cloud
- Paul Ceely, Managing Director, Network Strategy
- Goran Car, Operating Director, Core Network and Service Platforms, Hrvatski Telekom
- Maria Cuevas, Principal Manager, Mobile Research, BT
Latest agenda, speakers and registrations are available at this link.
For the second year in a row, we are partnering with Capacity Europe for their flagship event taking place between 29-31 October 2019, in London, at the InterContinental London - The O2.
The event is the largest carrier one in Europe and will welcome 2,500+ Senior-Level attendees, representing 650+ companies and 90+ countries. At least 9 members and observers of ETNO will be present at the event.
The latest details on agenda, speakers and registrations are available at this link.
Pioneering and Protecting: Looking Ahead to a New Decade
Brussels | 02 December 2019
Our tenth annual summit takes place amid fresh European leadership, including a new Parliament and Commission, and the prospect of continued political uncertainty at home and beyond.
Against this backdrop, we will examine new political and societal sentiments towards technology, as well as the key themes of trust, responsibility and sustainable development. We will also debate whether political and business leaders should collaborate to update industrial and competition policy in an ever more connected world.
Updated information on speakers and agenda available at this link.