Attend this event virtually by clicking here.
POLITICO and ETNO are bringing you an exciting Virtual Brussels Playbook interview featuring European Commissioner for the internal market Thierry Breton on September 1 in Brussels.
3 June: Co-hosted by leading MEPs, as well as the GSMA and ETNO, we discussed the role that 5G can play in the coming months, as Europe copes with the coronavirus recession. During the discussion, not only we informed about 5G technology and use cases, but we also discussed the impact that misinformation is having on the public discourse around mobile networks.
A recording of the integral webinar is available at this link.
28 January 2020, Panoramique Hall @ The Square
Europe has a new political agenda: Industrial policies for digital leadership, digital sovereignty, the role of tech in the European Green Deal and the EU approach to Artificial Intelligence have all entered the policy debate at the highest level. At the same time, consumers and innovators move fast and European digital markets are shaping the way in which we interact, produce and create socio-economic opportunities.
As 5G and fibre have started enabling new smart communication systems, come get the latest on the technological and political debate around digital communications and their role in delivering on the priorities of the new European Commission.
16h00 – 16h05: Welcome and introduction remarks
- Steven Tas, Chairman to the Executive Board, ETNO
- Lise Fuhr, Director General, ETNO
16h05 – 17h00: Keynote Panel: Europe’s New Playbook for Digital Policy
- HE Ambassador Goran Štefanić, Deputy Permanent Representative, Croatia
- Lina Gálvez Muñoz, Member of the European Parliament, S&D
- Ursula Pachl, Deputy Director General, BEUC
Moderated by Frances Robinson, Journalist
17h00 – 17h15: Unveiling: The State of Digital Communications 2020 Report
- Rupert Wood, Research Director, Analysys Mason
17h15 – 18h15: The Role of Technology in Delivering Europe’s New Political Goals
- Bjørn Taale Sandberg, SVP Telenor Research
- Enrique Medina Malo, Chief Policy Officer, Telefónica
- Reinald Kruger, Group Public Policy Development Director, Vodafone Group
- Eirini Zafeiratou, Director Public Policy EMEA, Amazon
Moderated by Frances Robinson, Journalist
18h15 – 19h30: Digital Drinks
After the event, you can join us for a digital cocktail and innovation show:
- 3D printed food, forgotten vegetables: tackling food waste can be done in creative ways. Experience a recipe in the shape of the event hashtag #StateofDigi. Here you can get a preview, powered by 3DbyFlow.
- Virtual Reality, in practice: attendees will have the opportunity to embark on a digital adventure and take a ride with the ICAROS VR Experience, brought to participants by Inno4Events.
Cannot make it? Follow the live discussion and ask your questions to the moderator via Twitter by using #StateofDigi.
The registrations for this event have been closed due to a high number of requests.
Pioneering and Protecting: Looking Ahead to a New Decade
Brussels | 02 December 2019
Our tenth annual summit takes place amid fresh European leadership, including a new Parliament and Commission, and the prospect of continued political uncertainty at home and beyond.
Against this backdrop, we will examine new political and societal sentiments towards technology, as well as the key themes of trust, responsibility and sustainable development. We will also debate whether political and business leaders should collaborate to update industrial and competition policy in an ever more connected world.
Updated information on speakers and agenda available at this link.
ETNO is delighted to once again be partnering with Financial Times for the Future of News Europe summit, which will take place on 26 November in Amsterdam.
Europe's newsrooms are facing multiple challenges as they adjust to a more populist environment, greater competition from digital rivals and continued financial constraints. Attend this intimate gathering of 150+ top editors, executives and dealmakers from across print, TV and digital, to:
- Learn how media outlets are coping with digital, political and societal disruption
- Discover how traditional media brands have embraced digital, and how newer digital-first brands have won credibility
- Debate whether emerging technologies such as AI can benefit the news business
- Question what policymakers can do to boost transparency and trust in the media
- Explore the latest techniques to lure new readers including membership models and platform partnerships
For the latest details on agenda and speakers and registration, please follow this link.
As a media partner of the Summit, a 15% discount is available for ETNO members and observers. To redeem the discount, please quote the following marketing code when completing your registration: ETNO15
For the second year in a row, we are partnering with Capacity Media for their flagship event, Capacity Europe, which will take place between 29-31 October 2019, in London, at the InterContinental London - The O2.
Europe’s largest telecommunications trading event, conference and awards will bring together 2,500+ Senior-Level attendees, representing 650+ companies and 90+ countries. At least 9 members and observers of ETNO will be present at the 2019 event.
For the latest details on agenda, 60+ industry-leading speakers and registration, please follow this link.
The 5G Core Summit is taking place in Madrid, between 24-25 September, and will focus on the main following areas:
- 5G Use Cases & Ecosystem Development
- Building a Services Friendly Core Network Architecture
- Network Cloudification
- Edge Clouds & Network Slicing
- Standard Progress and Timelines
- IMS and the Road to Vo5G
- Enrique Blanco, Global CTIO, Telefonica
- Lucy Lombardi, Senior VP, Digital & Ecosystem Innovation
- Franz Seiser, VP, Core Network & PaaS and Infrastructure Cloud
- Paul Ceely, Managing Director, Network Strategy
- Goran Car, Operating Director, Core Network and Service Platforms, Hrvatski Telekom
- Maria Cuevas, Principal Manager, Mobile Research, BT
Latest agenda, speakers and registrations are available at this link.