22 June, 9.15am - 4pm CET
By ETNO and MLex
Presented by ETNO
The digital policymaking agenda for the year to come is packed, but the question of how to regulate Big Tech and, in particular, how online content should be policed is now center stage on both sides of the Atlantic.
We are pleased to continue our partnership with the Broadband World Forum: this time, the event goes fully virtual. As a media partner for this event, we are able to offer a free visitor ticket to ETNO Members and Observers. At the event there will be 4000+ top telco and enterprise professionals to learn from, connect and drive digital transformation globally. Do you qualify for the discount? Book your ticket at this link.
Lise Fuhr, ETNO Director General, will deliver a keynote presentation on Green Broadband, looking at the European Green Deal and the importance of reducing our carbon footprint for the broadband industry. The session will take place on 15 October, from 10h40 – 10h00 CEST. Claiming your free visitor ticket will grant you access to Lise's keynote presentation.
Other speakers include:
- Akos Bona - Digital Skills & Jobs EU Coalition, European Commission
- Christian Gacon - VP Fixed Networks Design, Orange France
- Matteo Gatta - Technology Strategy & Innovation Director, Proximus
- Erno Doorenspleet - Vice President, Security Strategy, KPN
- Kevin Brown - Managing Director, Security, BT
- Alberto Sempere - Global Director of Security Products, Telefonica
- Kimmon Pentikäinen - Vice President Business Development, Elisa
- Manuel Paul - Senior Expert, International Standardization, Deutsche Telekom
To consult the agenda and full line-up of speakers, please visit this link.
Register for your free ticket here
Attend this event virtually by clicking here.
POLITICO and ETNO are bringing you an exciting Virtual Brussels Playbook interview featuring European Commissioner for the internal market Thierry Breton on September 1 in Brussels.
3 June: Co-hosted by leading MEPs, as well as the GSMA and ETNO, we discussed the role that 5G can play in the coming months, as Europe copes with the coronavirus recession. During the discussion, not only we informed about 5G technology and use cases, but we also discussed the impact that misinformation is having on the public discourse around mobile networks.
A recording of the integral webinar is available at this link.
28 January 2020, Panoramique Hall @ The Square
Europe has a new political agenda: Industrial policies for digital leadership, digital sovereignty, the role of tech in the European Green Deal and the EU approach to Artificial Intelligence have all entered the policy debate at the highest level. At the same time, consumers and innovators move fast and European digital markets are shaping the way in which we interact, produce and create socio-economic opportunities.
As 5G and fibre have started enabling new smart communication systems, come get the latest on the technological and political debate around digital communications and their role in delivering on the priorities of the new European Commission.
16h00 – 16h05: Welcome and introduction remarks
- Steven Tas, Chairman to the Executive Board, ETNO
- Lise Fuhr, Director General, ETNO
16h05 – 17h00: Keynote Panel: Europe’s New Playbook for Digital Policy
- HE Ambassador Goran Štefanić, Deputy Permanent Representative, Croatia
- Lina Gálvez Muñoz, Member of the European Parliament, S&D
- Ursula Pachl, Deputy Director General, BEUC
Moderated by Frances Robinson, Journalist
17h00 – 17h15: Unveiling: The State of Digital Communications 2020 Report
- Rupert Wood, Research Director, Analysys Mason
17h15 – 18h15: The Role of Technology in Delivering Europe’s New Political Goals
- Bjørn Taale Sandberg, SVP Telenor Research
- Enrique Medina Malo, Chief Policy Officer, Telefónica
- Reinald Kruger, Group Public Policy Development Director, Vodafone Group
- Eirini Zafeiratou, Director Public Policy EMEA, Amazon
Moderated by Frances Robinson, Journalist
18h15 – 19h30: Digital Drinks
After the event, you can join us for a digital cocktail and innovation show:
- 3D printed food, forgotten vegetables: tackling food waste can be done in creative ways. Experience a recipe in the shape of the event hashtag #StateofDigi. Here you can get a preview, powered by 3DbyFlow.
- Virtual Reality, in practice: attendees will have the opportunity to embark on a digital adventure and take a ride with the ICAROS VR Experience, brought to participants by Inno4Events.
Cannot make it? Follow the live discussion and ask your questions to the moderator via Twitter by using #StateofDigi.
The registrations for this event have been closed due to a high number of requests.